Instagram

Nuffnang Ad

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Watoto Children's Choir

Remember last year I attended the last day of CF in SEGi? That was when I knew that the Watoto Children's Choir will be coming to SEGi! They came to DUMC once but for some reason we were absent and missed the chance to watch them performance in church.

So, here I was, coming back to SEGi (oh not you again) with my parents. Upon arriving, I told them that they might be the oldest people to attend the event (excluding the lecturers and VIPs la). In the end I saw a few aunties with pure white hair, old enough to be grandparents hahahahahaha.

We reached there early, so we got to sit on the first row!

Watoto, is "children" in Swahili language. Watoto Children's Choir is a group of African children choirs based in Kampala, Uganda.

Honestly, I was quite shocked to hear them singing about Jesus. I know that Watoto is a Christian organisation but I thought they only performed songs related to their country and culture.

So I was wandering a bit here and there on how people from other religions think of the performance but in the end I've decided to not think about it, concentrated on the performance and immersed myself with the Gospel.

Here are the pictures!















There were some booths selling T-shirts, CDs, DVDs, pens and etc, so the audience can purchase anything they want before and after the performance.



Actually I'm so glad that people like Gary and Marilyn Skinner are willing to step out of their comfort zone and reach out to the poor. You have no idea how much they did for the Uganda children and women.

Not sure whether my tear gland is getting weaker by day or what, but I was just so touched by the lyrics about God so I secretly wept a tear or two during one of the songs that they performed.

As you can see from the pictures, there were Chinese lyrics too. Oh, not forget to mention that they sang a Chinese song at the end of the performance.

It's truly a blessing to have them in SEGi and to know that lives are changed because of some random act of kindness.

Do visit http://www.watoto.asia/ for more information!

Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love. - I Corinthians 16:13-14

No comments: