Instagram

Nuffnang Ad

Friday, August 28, 2015

Being A Christian

These few weeks I actually felt like... I've been back slided a bit.

Yeah I still read the Bible based on the Bible reading plan everyday, I still pray every morning after I woke up (sometimes I forgot, usually when I have morning class but no excuses of course) and I still pray every night before I go to sleep (sometimes I'm lazy and decided that it should be a Thanksgiving night where I say thanks to God instead of praying for things, because saying thanks is so much shorter than praying for stuff).

But spiritually... quite empty actually. My close ones are not Christians so basically I don't have anyone to talk to about God. YA people, meanwhile are not so close as I only joined this year.


So there's actually a church camp going on which is held by the 3 SEGi campuses, KD, KL and Subang next month end.

When I first heard about it (which was 2 months ago I think), I was like, confirm I'm going!

Now when they release the poster, I became unsure. Go or not ah.. And I began to find excuses like.. I'll be coming back to KL one week before the camp from Bangkok so I don't feel like going la... But at the same time I felt the nudge in my heart that says go.

I kinda hate it when I felt the nudge in my heart. It often means that I'm making the wrong decision. Sigh.


So I ended up asking SUMC people whether they're interested or not. First was Iguana because Nek mentioned about her going to church camp this weekend. She said yes almost immediately and asked me to ask Wanda/Wendy (who is a guy actually ahahaha) which surprised me because I didn't know he's a Christian as well. He couldn't because he has work. This incident answers the question in my heart because I was wondering whether Iguana's parents will object to their relationship or not. So I guess they won't object due to religion. :D

Then I asked Jo who wanted to go but couldn't too.


And Wanda/Wendy told me something that relates Husky and Christianity so I was like.. ooohhh. Okay. Not a bad thing, but as what he said, it takes time! So yeah I'll be praying for it. ;)

Anyway I read the bible verse that appears everyday from my phone, and I like two of the verses so much I decided to share it here.

The first is Psalm 121:7-8, which I already shared in the previous post, then another one is Isaiah 3:21 that says Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”


Look at this picture. Do you realise that there's only the shadow on the matchstick but not fire? I saw it in FB and was like, wow. It's something small but because we didn't pay attention to it, therefore we neglect it.

When there's darkness, light gives us hope. 

So don't give up! Whatever situations that you're going through, you know that there's always hope. :)

No comments: