Instagram

Nuffnang Ad

Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Week Of Hanoi.

So after a week of feeling horrified with the traffic and living with fear that I might tersalah makan dog meat whenever I had meals, finally I'm back.

Actually I just felt horrified on the first two days in Hanoi. After that it was just a funny scene to me because well, no worries! Even though it was horrendous for motorists and motorcyclists to behave like that on the road, the speed limit is 50 km/h. In some parts of highways there are even 40 km/h limits!

If you have never been to Hanoi before, you won't understand what I'm saying. Well, the only thing I can say is, you should go there one day and experience it for yourself.

The another terrifying thing that I encountered on the very first day was that, the Vietnamese was not so good in English. We on the other hand, have no knowledge on any Vietnamese words. One chicken one duck. Everyone goes boohoohoo.

Not knowing a language totally is like being taken away my 3 senses. Hear nothing. See nothing. Speak nothing. UNDERSTAND NOTHING. *insert the 3 monkeys*

So the saaaaaaaaaddddddd. You know?
When we arrived, it was already pretty late. So the driver fetched us to a restaurant, Raffles Place which is opened by a Singaporean, where it is the usual spot for other colleagues to have dinner together. Not bad, first night arrival and we were having similar to Malaysia style dishes.

2nd Day
The next day Mummy and I were glad to have a driver/chauffeur/tour guide (let's just call him VA) from Daddy's company* who, thank God, knows English pretty well to show us around Hanoi.

*Daddy doesn't have his own company okay hahaha. It is the company that he's working at. 

2 of Daddy's colleagues had lunch with us on the 2nd day in Indochina Plaza Hanoi (IPH) and these were what we ate.







Try not to ask me what are the names of the food. I just knew that they are the local dishes which are safe for me to eat, as in NO-DOGCATRATWHATSOEVER-MEAT. At least I would like to think so.

After lunch, off we went to tour the city!

I brought the apron overalls and hat which was bought in Bangkok to Hanoi! Ahahaha.

This is just ONE of the million selfies of the day. Trust me.

The buildings are unique and some sort of cute. Slim and tall. Something that I wish to be. But.. *look at the mirror* it's not going to happen. Sigh.



All slim and tall kan? :D
And this, is St. Joseph's Cathedral, which was built in 1886. Historical enough eh? :D

St. Joseph's Cathedral
Da Nang is the city center of Hanoi, and it is definitely a busy city.



Hoan Kiem Lake, which seems to be the hotspot for people to chill out. Leng zai, why so emo?
Do you like Gucci? Valentino? Jimmy Choo? Dior? Zegna? Ralph Lauren? Omega? You do? Great! Trang Tien Plaza is the best place for you! But no, I didn't set my foot into it. A picture of it will do.

I'm sorry but somehow its colour reminds me of SEGi. -.-
Hang Dao Street is like Petaling Street, and night markets are only available during weekends: Friday, Saturday and Sunday.




Maybe because my family and I had been to Bangkok, so naturally we will compare the prices but actually, we can get similar clothes with cheaper prices in Malaysia, so let alone in Bangkok.


The place where we got some delicious ice lemon tea and another type of drink which we had no idea what it is.
And the famous ice-cream. Though I find it not that delicious actually.
The effect of sunlight. But my hair is still perfectly pure black. -.-
Imagine myself short hair once again, in different colours. I think I look good in green. Muahaha.
Did I mention that VA is a tall, dark and handsome guy? With extra blink-blink eyes? :D
He's already 26, but when he smiles, sometimes it shows his 'fangs' which somehow shows the boyish side of him. Ahahaha.

At night we went to have porridge for dinner. The specialty? There are corns inside the porridge and I kinda burnt my tongue while eating the porridge.

Look simple, but okay la, boleh tahan.


3rd Day
A very nice morning, nice weather. So I went for a swim. And bumped my head when I was doing the back stroke. Very the nice.

It was raining by the end VA came to fetch us for lunch. Beef noodle with yao char kuai. Unique combination huh?

Beef and pork. I hope NO OTHERS.

Oh, VA was pouring Pepsi for us. That's his hand. xDDDDDD
 
After lunch we headed to Royal City which was actually our destination for the night but we still went there anyway. Quite a big shopping mall, makes it outstanding from other places as it is similar to the shopping malls in Malaysia. But at the end we kinda got lost because we could not locate VA due to miscommunications. Silly us.


These 2 pictures make my legs looked so slim and long! #Opticalillusion
We went to Silk Factory after that, since the rain had stopped.


These are the err silk cocoons.

At night, as we had planned, we went to Royal City (again) for dinner and to do marketing. Even though stuff like clothing and vehicles and a lot more are more expensive than in Malaysia, the necessities such as coffee, shampoo and etc are surprisingly much more cheaper! Some of the products are even 2/3 cheaper than in Malaysia! So it was not a surprise when we bought quite a lot of necessities back to Malaysia. Especially sunscreen!

4th Day
Having heavy flu oh no. Today was the day when we were supposed to go to a place which took us one and half hours to reach where we bought souvenirs which are cheaper than other places, drank coconut drinks and enjoyed (actually not that enjoyed) a sampan ride where we can admire the sceneries of hills and caves and water and ducks.

We bought our souvenirs here.

And rode sampan here.




If you notice, she was using her legs to row the sampan. Such energetic legs they have!

These are ducks, just incase you had never seen ducks before. Ngehehe.

I wasn't really enjoying myself because I was having flu and starting to have cough. So the yam gong. We managed to drop by shoe village for a while but there was nothing to see. The shoe designs are err, not that suitable to us. A bit old-fashion la I can say.

5th Day
A very hot day. We had sticky rice for lunch, headed to Hang Dao Street again then went back to hotel straight away because the weather was seriously humid and we felt so sticky when we were at outdoors. Probably because we had sticky rice for lunch. Hahaha.

The sticky rice with chicken and egg. Not bad.


This, is a dog. Which disappeared after my meal had came. I was quite upset because I wasn’t sure whether it went gai gai or well, you know. *stare at my food*

6th Day
Finally Daddy can take a day off! But in the end he still went to office for a while and joined us for lunch in Big C, which is like Tesco in Malaysia.

Did marketing again, nearly bought a mop back home. -.-

Went to eat crab noodle but I hardly saw crab meat inside haha.

Again, with yao char kuai. =P

7th Day
Woke up early because we had a flight to catch. But VA was late. -.- Thank God we still managed to check in and board the flight.

The clouds looked like a dog which was kneeling and praying while looking up the sky.

Zoom in. Don't you think the same too? =')

Had a safe flight back to Kuala Lumpur, thank God for that.

Though I didn't have the chance to sit in this plane, but, a picture will do!

Tadaaaaa! The Taylor Swift plane! :D
Compared to Vietnam, Malaysia is a much more advance country, but then again, if Malaysia is compared with countries like United Kingdom or United States of America, these 2 countries are much more advance.

Think this way: If people from a more advance country is not willing to go to a less advance country to educate the people and to boost the country's economy, then the less advance countries will not have the chance to move forward. Just like doctors who are willing to sacrifice their high pay jobs just to go to parts of the world to cure the poor and needy.

That's why I always look up to people who give up everything they have, just to make the world a better place. I hope that someday, I too can have the courage to do so. =]

No comments: