Instagram

Nuffnang Ad

Friday, March 20, 2015

Marriage

I was disappointed that a pastor will be coming to preach about relationships the Friday I was away, which was last Friday and so, I was surprised to learn that he'll be coming back and continue his sermon today!

We had people from Run Nat to tell us about this organisation and what they do, then proceed to ice breaking session as usual, and the sermon started after worship.

The Pastor also mentioned about sex before marriage. And by comparing the society's mindset with the Christianity mindset of sex before marriage, you will know that the difference is like heaven and earth.

I'm actually very disappointed that people don't see the terrible effect of it. A girl gets pregnant, assuming the guy doesn't want the girl, the guy will just walk out coolly, as if nothing had happened, and the girl bears all the responsibilities, gives birth to the child, raise the child alone, and the child grows up without a complete family, may eventually heads to the wrong direction be it abuse, drugs, violence, you get what I mean.

Sex is a gift from God, not a hobby, not a game. It requires true love and commitment which only a married couple will be willing to take up because both parties know that they will be able to commit to each other for the rest of their lives.

Okay, sex apart.

Vision. It's the goal of the marriage that both parties agreed with. Yeah, so he's a Christian. Checked. Is he able to bring food to the table? Is he able to be a good husband and father?

In Ephesians 5, 
2 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

You don't need to accept whoever comes in your way, you always have a choice. To choose someone whom you think is the best for you and you deserve. To share the same vision in expanding the family. To cope with the same values with each other. To be able to be with each other no matter what happens.




I never met someone, who meets exactly every criteria I want, and with extra characteristics and interests that I would like him to be. But here he is, making me wondering whether, is he the one is he the one are you the one?

Criterias are met with unexpected same interests and surprisingly similar writing style. 

Out of sudden you seem to be too perfect for me. 

Oh what am I crapping you don't even know me. Therefore I hope to see you real soon. 

Real real real soon.

No comments: