So today we went out for dinner with my grandparents and my 3rd aunt and uncle came to the same restaurant as us again. We'd met them countless time everytime we brought my grandparents to the restaurant for dinner.
But today, they not only brought their elder grandchild along but also the younger one. The elder one is 6 years old and her baby sis is around 1 year old.
Then a man showed up and shook hands with everybody and called my Ah Ma as Ah Ma, asking her how is she doing.
I felt puzzled and I thought he's my cousin's husband because my dad's side of family is quite big and I couldn't remember every spouse of my cousins' hahaha.
Turned out that he's my long-lost cousin LOL. I've heard bout his stories long time ago, not so good ones, but never see him appearing in any family occasions before.
When they told me he's my cousin, I told him I never see him before. Straight to the face. Haha!
My grandma told him that my zodiac is chicken (chicken tail dog head la okay hahahaha) and asked him back what's his zodiac.
Old people are like that. They don't remember your age but they remember your zodiac. And they introduce people through zodiacs.
"Kui suk gai geh. Lei suk meh yea?"
Turns out his zodiac is pig, so either he's one year younger than me or he is... 10 years older than me.
Well obviously he's 10 years older la hahahaha. So he's around 31 or 32 years old this year. But he doesn't look like one. That's the fact that I dislike the most. Men, they never look like their age. They always look like they are a lot younger than their actual age. And they look even younger as they grow older. :|
At least his zodiac is pig. If his zodiac is somewhere ox or rabbit or dragon, I need to start chanting from Rat till his zodiac.
"Shu-niu-hu-tu-long-she-ma-yang-hou-ji-gou-zhu. Ngo suk gai, lei suk tou, lei dai ngo luk nin." Or things like that.
So, the story came back to kids after that.
My cousin brought his nieces to our table after both of our families almost finished our meal. Coincidentally we had 3 more empty chairs so they had space to sit. And play around.
I was so happy that the baby let me hold her on my lap. Actually she sat on my lap. I really don't have experiences in carrying a baby. My hands will cross-over each other and never go back to normal. :\
She didn't cry or wail or do whatever things that made me lose my face HAHAHA. She saw my mini pink plastic bottle and kept on holding it. Her elder sister waved to me and called me jiejie, telling me that her baby sister knows how to say no. Hahahaha.
I tried to selfie with the baby but she didn't look at the camera so my cousin kept on tempting her to look at the direction of my phone. Her elder sister self-invited and photobombed our selfie hehehehe.
And something that the baby did surprise me. This shows how easy it is for babies to imitate what others did. Monkey see monkey do is the most accurate phrase in the world to describe this.
Her elder sister stick a few stickers on her leg, basically love shapes of different colours. I pointed my cheek and asked her to stick on my cheek which she did.
The baby noticed that we had something going on without jio-ing her so she stared at our direction seeing what we did. Then I forgot how she managed to take the same sticker and stick it on her own cheek.
I was a bit stun then, never realise that it's such easy for babies to imitate whatever others are doing.
She's just a one year baby! Not even a toddler! Parents play such important roles in assuring that they don't set bad examples to their kids.
At the end we wanted to kidnap the baby back but her elder sister was too fierce in guarding her baby sis so we failed to bring the baby back home HAHAHAHA.
So-called motherly love on the Mother's Day weekend. :P
![]() |
| :P |

1 comment:
Kesien my nana =(
Post a Comment