Instagram

Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Annyeonghaseyo Japan!

It was kinda rush for a holiday that far, and yeap, Japan made it into my by now the furthest country I've ever been list.

If you never like exercise, you should try to do it in KLIA2. Really, it was such a long journey to reach the plane.

Because red + blue = purple.
We had a great shock just one hour of depart due to turbulence.And you know what that means. Yeap, a sudden drop that made everyone screamed lightly. It was supposed to be the most natural thing that we will encounter but after the few plane accidents, phobias had been creeping into everybody's minds. Nevertheless, thank God for a safe flight to Tokyo.

We lived in Sunplaza Hotel in Nakano, Shinjuku, not in Tokyo city itself. We reached there rather late, or may I said, it was already midnight so the journey started the next day, which was the second day.

This is the view of my hotel(the white building on the left) from the railway station.
As you can see, it's just opposite to the station. Very convenient huh?

Hotels in Japan ain't cheap, and this hotel was considered as one with reasonable price. It was comfy and convenient too.

On the SECOND DAY we went to Shinjuku Station and bought passes to Hakone for Thursday. If you want to do so, you have to find Odakyu Tourist Information Center in Shinjuku Station itself  to purchase the passes.

Japan railways are seriously convenient and you don't have to worry about missing the trains because they come in every 5 minutes or so. That's why most Japanese don't mind taking railways to anywhere they want. I heard that cars are affordable to them but they need to purchase parking lots in order to park their car. Never mind la, railway ticket prices are so reasonable, and very convenient, so it's okay to take railway 24/7 even if you need to walk for certain distant to reach your destination.

Railway stations are like shopping centers. Like, really.
There are so many things to look see look see.


Anna Sui!
As I'd mentioned, railway stations are like shopping centers
where you can find lots of things to purchase.
Desserts being one of them.
OH NO WHO CAN RESIST DESSERTS LIKE THESE?!!!!
After buying Hakone passes, we went to Harajuku which is famous for Cosplays. But too bad it was raining lightly, or maybe we were not lucky enough, we did not see any Cosplayers. Aiyayaya.

I'm singing in the rain~~~
The rain was not that heavy so you can still see lots of people. Made me reflected the times when we were in Bangkok last year and Vietnam months ago, the first few days were drizzling as well.

Everyone was holding lots of transparent umbrellas,
still walking around as if raining was the most normal thing to happen.

First meal in Japan. Rambutan you owe me ¥550. Muahaha.

I still think Singha beer tastes better. Hahaha.
On the THIRD DAY, due to a bit of fear to the changes of weather, we decided to visit Tokyo Disneyland!!!!

Couldn't snap much pictures because the train was too fast. As always.
Thank God for a sunny day!!! It was sunny but it was windy at the same time, so for a person who can sweat anywhere anytime like me, it was a surprise that I didn't even sweat throughout the day in Disneyland.


Nah, this is the proof that I'd been there. Didn't take it from Google Images. Muahaha.
Oh, what a sunny day!
Ooops, snap dao people pak thor tim!
 Fun facts about people who went to Disneyland:
1. Many students went there for day trip wearing school uniforms. Ponteng hor!
2. You can point out who is with who because practically the same group of friends will wear identical accessories, clothes, whatever.
3. Countless BABIES were there. Like, how old are they? They won't remember much things except through pictures.
This situation is considered as not too serious already. Hahaha.
Sigh. Parents nowadays. Pamper their kids so much. But it's okay, at least for this generation there are lots of gadgets for parents to take pictures of them. Unlike MY generation. One shot, NG or not, depends on your luck.

Oh, 我的白马王子,请问你何时何日才出现呢?
The last time I ever rode in a Merry-Go-Round was when I was, err, 4 maybe?

Enjoying the sun. Oh how I love the sunlight.
Actually I'm very lazy to upload pictures here since I've uploaded 492 pictures in FB. Hahaha. So, if you're a FB friend of mine, do click here to see the whole album.

Hi Duck, whatcha doing here?
My mum is such a good photographer haha.
How did she take this picture with an angle like this is a mystery.
So nice to hug righttttt?
Oh, it's Olaf! Looked so hidung tinggi with this angle ahaha!
Pinjam for a while to snap a picture.
Around 6 something we left Disneyland. This time we managed to finish all of the rides. Except for ToonTown because all are kiddy rides.


The unique of escalators: Left is for lazy people, right is for people who needs to rush.
Beers, beers, beers.
The thing about Japanese is that drinking and smoking are their culture. You can see men who are still wearing their formal clothes gather together to drink and smoke late at night. It was heard that they do this to release stress. The weird thing is, their average lifespan is 80 for men and 84 for women. Like, whaaaaaaattttttt? If you drink and smoke that often in Malaysia you will die even faster. 

Maybe it is due to the fact that they walk A LOT. Really a lot. Their railway system is so advance they don't even need to drive. But by taking the railway, they still need to walk to their destination. Some more they walk VERY FAST. Sometimes I feel like telling them, whoa people, slow down la slow down.

On the FOURTH DAY, yay we went to Shinjuku again. Because it was raining on the 2nd day so we went there again for a better view.

My hair is more unpredictable than I can ever imagine.
Never know when it can be straight or wavy.

This is how the countless vendor machines in Japan looks like.
Chok ma chok ma? xD
Saw some traditional Japanese stuff but they look like they are from Indiana or somewhere else ahaha.




You know, ladies use the restrooms for makeup more than they use it for the normal purpose. There is a section just for ladies to makeup or just look at the mirrors. Hahahaha.

The danger of sunlight: It makes you look like a ghost in daylight.

Never a fan of Japanese artistes but this poster looks nice.

Actually when my friends asked me where did I go did I do this and that in Japan and I said no, they started to wonder what I did I do exactly there.

The fact is, the place where I stayed, which was in Nakano, was already sufficient for us to do whatever we wanted to. 

This Tendon Tempura, I tell you, was so delicious that we had it for 3 consecutive nights.


Not sure how to err, pronounce the name of the shop.

The FIFTH DAY, is a day trip to Hakone!

The Romancecar to Hakone! The seats can be turned around 180 degree. :D
 It took us about an hour to reach Hakone by train, which was this Romancecar.



Tadaaaaa, the buildings in Japan.

This is the one in the million of AEON that I saw in Japan. Hahaha.
And this is the one in the million of the selfies of the day.  HAHAHA.
Rare scene of greenies.
And so we'd reached Hakone.
Boarding onto the train was just the first transport throughout the whole Hakone trip. Because next, we needed to take a bus to reach our next destination.

It was like going to Genting by bus.
Taddaaa, this was where we boarded onto a ship.

And this was our Pirate Ship.
Weeeeee~

Got mountain got lake got ship.
Wakakaka.
From here, we boarded onto a ropeway, which is actually cablecar in Malaysia.

The view when we were in the ropeway.
The smoke comes from the sulphur farm.
The sulphur turns the eggs into, black eggs. You can eat it for longevity purpose. :O
It was actually very smelly. Look at my expression. I was holding my breath.

Any minute and the volcano will explode. Nah, just kidding.
It's charcoal ice-cream! :O
After the ice-cream, we took the ropeway again to a higher altitude place.

From this place, we took the tram down the hill.
Once we reached the bottom of the hill, we took the railway back to Nakano. I was so tired until I fall asleep in the train and knocked my head from behind. Twice. -.-

And yeah, we had Tendon Tempura for dinner again. Hahahaha.

On the SIXTH DAY, we went to Kamata which was not a very interesting place to visit. Hahahaha. But we bought a mochaccino and matcha latte and boy oh boy, I loved the macha latte so so much!


Maybe I can get this in Malaysia too?
After that we went to a shop and bought somethings inside but I forgot where we went. -.- Then we went to Shinagawa to meet my dad's colleague. He came together with his wife and we went to eat.... OX TONGUE. :OOOOOOOOO

On the left, OX TONGUE, on the right, cheese plus err garlic ah?
The ox tongue was actually not bad, just that because we were told that it was a tongue so we were like, uhhhhhh can we skip this? Hahahaha.

Raw materials, I mean raw food.

Beef and cabbage before cooked.
 
Beef and cabbage after cooked.

We ate all of these RAW. With wasabi.

Beef, beef and beef.

Sweet corns. And I forgot what were those.

Plain noodles.

Hohohohoho, DESSERT. Mm-mmm.

Anyone wants to clean up our mess? :P

After the dinner, we said thanks and goodbye to our host and headed back to hotel and rushed to pack our belongings for our departure the next night.

The LAST DAY, we went to Kichijoji but again, not much to see. So we went back to Nakano, had the last walk in Nakano Broadway, did last minute shopping from the rare RM 30 for 2 pieces of clothes shop. Ngehehehehehehe.

After dinner we went to airport and flew back to Malaysia. It was a midnight flight and due to turbulence we were again shaken a bit here and there but not that serious as compared to the flight to Japan. I even thought I saw the moon and stars from a close distant despite being halfway asleep.


So.... you guys want souvenirs? Okay, I bought back a lot of Japanese air. Hehehehehehe.

No comments: