Instagram

Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Week

Since 1st April, there were activities regarding Easter which were organised by our very own Youth Ablaze (YA) going on such as the Easter Egg drawing competition, the What Is Love To You? campaign where we got everybody to write the meaning of love to them and the sales of cupcakes & mushroom soup.

I helped out on both Wednesday and Thursday, mostly to ask people to write the meaning of love to them.

The weird thing was, many of them had difficulties writing what is love to them. Some of them were like, I don't know what is love, love has no meaning to me, I don't have love (bf/gf) lea, etc.

Some of them jokingly said that love is Jasmine because it seems to be the easiest answer. Bahahahaha.

Nevertheless, those who gave me negative thoughts of love at first did go to a quiet corner and gave it a deep thought.

Their answers at the end amazed me.

Love is not only to your partner, but it includes God, families, pets, friends, hobbies, and a lot more. There must be something in your life that is associated with love.

Though we did get weird answers, like really, really weird ones, but I'm glad that this campaign was held so that people will stop and think about the meaning of love to them.

Sometimes a little bit of love is all we need. Of course, the greatest love comes from God. Don't you agreed that?

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.


Friday was the day where the Easter exhibition was held and I did nothing to help because it was a bit like ground tour where several tour leaders including Ms Vicky brought the students to know more about the life and death of Jesus.

I was so amazed with the production team who came out with items like the old ancient shoes that Jesus wore, bread which looked almost exactly like 2000 years ago (a lecturer even made the sauce and we tried it out with the bread, someone even wanted the recipe of the sauce lol), the tomb which Jesus was laid, and other items.

Of course all of us don't know how do the items exactly looked like 2000 years ago, but we did grasp a picture of them and it just really amazed me.

The students were also interested to know the journey of Christ and the tour leaders did a very good job in explaining to them.

The Easter egg drawing competition result was announced too, and Sam got first! The prize is so, so, so grand you know! Other than chocolates, it is buffet lunch for 3 persons in HILTON HOTEL OMG!

That was why me and Nek immediately volunteered ourselves to be Sam's girlfriend number 1 and girlfriend number 2 (since he doesn't have any lol).

Jiejie also won the 5th prize which is a pretty mug! She said that this was the first time she ever paid such attention to an egg HAHAHAHA!

I met new friends from YA throughout these few days and I just felt blessed.

This is the president of YA, Krystle~

This is Francine, the multi-talented girl who thinks I look younger than my age muahahaha.

This is Li Xin~

Vivian and Casper~ And the statue of I-don't-know-who.

Ms Vicky!!

Kirsten! Who said that I'm always so bubbly hahaha~

William, the vice-president of YA~

Sam, the Mr SEGi finalist 2014, and also the winner!
And also the bf that I share with Nek~ xD

The birthday boy, Jonathan!

They are known as eggs, with design! xD

So today in church, I learnt that the most important thing is not the fact that Jesus died for us, but it was the Resurrection that was the most important factor of all as it is a symbol of hope.


Download and share with your friends.

Here is a link whereby you can know more about Jesus! Click here! :D

Dear Jesus, help me to trust in You when life doesn't make sense. Please take my doubt and replace it with fresh faith in You. 

No comments: