That was my first impression to her.
And I realised, wow, I can talk.
Well, I mean everyone can talk, but you get what I mean okay. -.-
When I have fear, all I want to do is to overcome it because I know that after I managed to succeed, I'll have more courage to do bigger things in the future. And it helps me in pushing myself out of my comfort zone.
And Nek was like, okay lor, you go I go after she double confirmed with me that I'll be joining the competition and not only the workshop.
I had no idea that it will be an interview in the public and not one-to-one kind of interview. It's in Audi A where students can flock in and out as they wish.
AND! I didn't know that we need to do a public presentation as well. -.-
Nek almost wanted to cancel her submission hahahaha!!!
We only got the case study yesterday and by the time we reached home, we had only like less than 3 hours to prepare so I finished off my slides today morning.
I'm contestant #5 while Nek is the last one hahahahaha. I was like, at least I need to feel nervous for a while but she needs to wait for 15 contestants in front of her to present.
Waiting is much worse than being the #1 to go up. :P
Anyway, we made friends with other contestants, and they are from countries like Cambodia and Nepal.
Fast forward, a Chinese guy name Lionel won 3rd which I did not expect because he was really good in presenting, with only one slide, some more he's an engineering student.
And-------- I got 2nd!!!!!!! It's a medal made of glass, made me felt so accomplished with the weight of it. :D
ANDDDDD--------- NEK GOT FIRST!!!!!!!! This is the first time I joined a competition with a friend and won with a friend!
That feeling was like, WOW. Just wow.
Coming without the expectations of winning, and getting surprises by winning. With your best friend. :')
![]() |
| This is Mr Jacky Cheng, from Singapore, who is the speaker and one of the judges |
| Lionel, who keep on wanting to pinch my face -.- |
| Me and Nek~!!! |
![]() |
| Lionel, me, Nek, Mr Jacky, Ms Pam and Ms Soo Photo credits: Photographer (don't know who is he/she :P) |
![]() |
| My medal came with a case too! |
![]() |
| 1995 -> 2015 |
20 years later, here I am, winning the first and last medal in university.
Hehehehehehe.
Anyway, today is the last day of YA for this sem. It was all about worshipping and free food!!!!
I was late when I reached the classroom but nevertheless better than skipping it hehe.
Didn't manage to selfie with everyone because it was rude to take pic while they were eating and the students for next class were waiting outside so we rushed to pack everything and arranged back the tables and chairs.
But still I managed to get a groupfie on my way out to the lobby.
| Great to know these people! :') |




No comments:
Post a Comment